Valencian Paella from “Ribera Alta” county, cooked with wood for 9 people. Juan Carlos GALBIS’ recipe, taught to him by his grandmother and his aunt.
1. Ingredients (9 people)
- Paella of 70 cm in diameter.
- 36 cl of olive oil.
- 1.5 kg of chicken (small pieces).
- 1 kg of chopped rabbit.
- 600 g of meatballs.
- 600 g of green beans cut by hand.
- 400 g of small white beans in pod.
- 600 g of large crushed beans in pod.
- 1 green bell pepper cut into squares.
- 1 clove of minced dried garlic.
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika.
- 2 very ripe medium tomatoes to grate.
- 4 l of water to cook the rice, plus 2 l to cook the broth.
- 72 strands of saffron ground to infuse.
- 900 g of Albufera rice variety of Tartana Rice purchased at Consum supermarket.
- 3 sprigs of rosemary.
We put the Paella is put on the stove and we add some oil to it. We put the meat to fry, already salted beforehand. When it is golden brown, we add the green pepper. Later, the sauce is made with the garlic, sweet paprika and grated tomato, and reduced. The water is put on and we let it boil for 5 min. We add the meatballs and the rest of the beans and let it boil for about 15-20 min. Meanwhile, the infused saffron is incorporated and some salt is added. We add the rice and distribute it evenly. The rice has to boil over high heat for 9-10 min, plus 7-8 min over low heat, and finish on the grill for 2-3 min to make the “socarrat”. 5 minutes before finishing cooking, add the sprigs of rosemary.